Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 6

I can’t believe that I am in the army even though I don’t understand my own men. I thought Capitan Mendoza was a good man, but I was shocked today. I found that one time after we took over a city, he robbed a bank just to fund his airplane. He used the money of sick and starving people (like the money and people of my village) to buy his own airplane. Of course, I am told that it is for the good of the revolution, but is it right? How can he just take money from sick, starving, poverty stricken people? Juan told me that in a revolution you need to fight hard and sometimes dirty for the good of the revolution. I heard that Capitan Mendoza sometimes flew to the US. Is he getting even more help for the revolution there? Two days ago, revolutionaries would torture and kill loyalists. And for what? For an insignificant map? Even Lolo seems to think that we need to do things like that to get valuable information. Would the US actually help if we were captured? Would the revolutionists “arrest” people if they don’t have a good reason? I know they would from my village. Soldiers would kidnap people for very small reasons. Are they actually fighting for the good of our country? Am I really on the “good” side, if there is one?

No comments:

Post a Comment