Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 1

What right do these filthy soldiers have? What right do they have kidnapping us and putting us in this prison. The prison of becoming a soldier. To hurt my family like they did today. I can’t see the good side or winning side in this war. One of the boys I’ve is named Esteban and his father was recruited for the loyalists, I can’t even imagine what that feels like. He just tries to not point his gun at people that might be his father’s age. Another boy Juan left school so he could join the war. Why would anyone do that? Give up a great opportunity for a never-ending war. Someone said that there were 42 civil wars before this one, but I think he just made up a number. But I am still calling this war the 43rd war. All though the day we’ve been learning how to fight, and I still can’t believe that I have to go into an actual war. One person almost killed me because I bumped into him at a drill by accident. I remember his eyes when he was ready to kill me. I’ve received a gun and it feels heavy and alien in my hands and I’ve already have a taste of war. Earlier, a loyalist helicopter shot at us and we scurried to rocks. Our speed was due to the rush of adrenaline. Five men have died since I came here, what a first day!! I swore to myself that I wouldn’t become one of them, a soldier. I will go though the drills but when I can, I will escape. I don’t belong here. I need to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment